User Tools

Site Tools


groups:healthcare:2019_01_25_hcsig

General Meeting Agenda for 2019-01-25

Resources:

Welcome and Opening Statements

In attendance:

  • Rich Bloch
  • Alan Bachmann
  • Bilal Saleh
  • Leonard Edwin
  • Logan Wilding (recording)
  • Raveesh Dewan
  • Robert Coli, MD
  • Steven Elliott
  • Vaibhav Patil
  • 1 360 525-4961 (Marissa Iannarone)
  • 1 410 779-3949 (Raveesh)

Introductions

  • If you’re new to the group, please…
    • Introduce yourself
    • Tell us where you're geographically located
    • Share with us your interests in healthcare in general, and blockchain technologies in specific

Community Announcements

  • Feel free to share your community announcements as they relate to the Hyperledger community
    • February 11-15, Orlando, Florida
    • Hyperledger is planning to host a booth, and if we get enough interest, we'll facilitate an HC-SIG membership event
    • Discussion: anyone planning or interested in attending?
  • Hyperledger Healthcare SIG will be at the largest HIT (Health Information Technology) conference in the world next month, HIMSS19 (booth # 7460)
  • Hyperledger Healthcare SIG to represent us, Rich Bloch will attend
  • Information on Hyperledger activities can be found here
  • There is also a Blockchain Forum at the Conference

HC-SIG Subgroup Updates

  • Patient/Member Subgroup (Marissa Iannarone/Benjamin Djidi, Lead)
  • Marissa stepping down as lead from the Patient Subgroup. Benjamin Djidi has agreed to take over
  • Currently looking for a new customer for the Donor Milk Project (our hope is to identify someone at the HIMSS Conference)
  • Payer Subgroup (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
  • Raveesh presented on the current state of the Payer Subgroup, indicating that membership interest has waned recently
  • Recommendation that some ad hoc meetings take place to generate some new interest and subgroup pivot
  • Work on the current white paper continues
  • Raveesh will generate an email to full membership to seek any new members interested, but unaware of the work being done in this subgroup

HC-SIG Ad Hoc Team Updates

  • Wiki Redesign Team (Brian Ahier, Raveesh Dewan, and Mikhail Elias, Lead)
  • Moving from current wiki tool to Confluence, transition is scheduled to be complete next week
  • Mikhail and Raveesh, as part of the Wiki Redesign Team, are aiding this process
  • Marissa has volunteered to help out, as she has experience with Confluence (she will contact Raveesh)
  • Charter Review/Revision Team (Len Edwin and Ken Allgood [writers], with Adrian Berg and Marissa Iannone [editors])
    • Team objectives met
    • Final edit completed, and approved by Hyperledger leadership
    • Current version open for membership review, located here
    • Discussion: recommendation to stand down this team
  • The charter review is complete (Leonard Edwin)
  • Team is in agreement to stand down this team until further needed
  • Thanks to everyone on this team for an outstanding work effort
  • Academic Research Team (Mikhail Elias and Adrian Berg, Lead)
  • No update to report (Logan may be interested in the work being done here)
  • Rich to follow up with Adrian to identify recommended next steps
  • Subgroup Review Team (Mikhail Elias, Steven Elliot, Robert Coli, and Sonia Wagner, Lead)
    • Team objectives met: final meeting next week to discuss/confirm
    • New subgroup created: Architecture Solution Subgroup (Lead, Steven Elliot)
      • “This subgroup will be focused on the investigation, experimentation and development of technical solutions addressing the specific needs of healthcare”
      • Use case discussions centered around an immunization PoC
      • Subgroup meeting dates not yet scheduled
  • Team plans to meet one final time before disbanding, as team objectives have been met
    • Architecture Solution subgroup is the team's recommendation/deliverable
  • The Architecture Solution subgroup is being led by Steven Elliot
    • A PoC use case has been identified (immunization)
    • Steven will work with Rich to identify how best to engage membership interests to help build out the subgroup team

Old Business

  • HC-SIG Membership Directory (Rich)
    • Now available: a public-facing membership directory that lists members' companies/organizations (possibly contact information)
    • Available from our HC-SIG home page. Link here: Membership Directory
  • Healthcare technologies challenges (Rich)
  • With continuing interest from members, Rich continues to seek some direction and engagement from the kidney care community with the expectation to move forward with a submission due at the end of FEB
  • Getting Published? (Rich)
    • We have some extraordinary talent in our membership… let's put that to good use
    • New wiki page on hold until migration to Confluence is completed
    • Discussion: your interest in convening ad hoc writing teams to publish articles/white papers on behalf of the HC-SIG?

New Business

  • Hyperledger Global Forum Summaries (Multiple)
    • Discussion: for those who attended, a summary of their experiences and take-aways
  • Excellent summary presented by Marissa
    • Details of her experience are documented here
  • Bilal offered the following observation: emphasis appears to be shifting from Fabric to Sawtooth (driven by an Intel push)
  • 2019 HC-SIG Survey (Rich)
    • Released (2019.01.18)
    • Some early results…
    • If you haven't yet participated, please do so
  • The Survey has been published
  • It was requested that all team members please complete this
  • Planning for the Year Ahead (Rich)
    • Discussion: your thoughts on changes you'd like to see with the HC-SIG?

Next Meeting

  • Scheduled for Friday, 2019.02.08, 0700 Pacific Time
  • Discussion: topics to add to agenda?
groups/healthcare/2019_01_25_hcsig.txt · Last modified: 2019/01/25 18:53 by Rich Bloch